I601 : Intro to Strategic Trend Briefings
"Intro to Strategic Trend Briefings" is the first in a series of three foundational courses in the Issachar Track. This course reviews two cutting-edge briefings regarding the topic of intelligent design and transhumanism. Each member will also review the Strategic Trends Blog and subscribe to the K-house E-news and Personal Update Newsletter (printed or online version), and review recent 5-Minute Bullet Briefings created by KI members.
- Learn to monitor current events applicable to a topic of interest.
- Learn to identify and expound on the Biblical relevance of surveillance topics.
- Practice writing to specific length parameters
Length of Class
This class is scheduled for 6 weeks. Login and click on “All Courses” in your “My Courses” block.
Required Materials (2 sets required)
If you've already taken Intro%20to%20Prophecy%20101%201, you already have these materials.
Audio/Video Materials – select from ONE of the following:
Log in to the Campus to enroll in this class. Each class has its own schedule and may or may not be currently available.
Purchase a Koinonia Institute Membership to start this class. Each class has its own schedule and may or may not be currently available.
Koinonia Institute Online offers these benefits not found in Self Study:
- Community Learning Environment – Interact with other students studying the same material to help you learn.
- Unit Quizzes – Take online quizzes to keep your studying on track and measure your learning.
- Paced Learning – Online classes are paced to fit into your busy schedule and provide a focused, guided Bible study.
- Discussion Boards – Ability to discuss studies with students and facilitators.
The weekly format of an online class is:
- Watch or listen to the weekly assignment from your materials (typically one hour).
- Go to the class forum and answer two discussion questions and then reply to at least one of your classmates’ responses.
- Take the quiz online. (Multiple Choice, True/False, Matching etc.)
- The class will end with a final exam - usually around 100 questions.
- Each class varies in length – 4 weeks up to 24 weeks.